Thursday, February 4, 2010

Contemplating Many Things

The meeting at Kaplan went well on Tuesday.  I learned that it will, in fact, cost me just over $33,000 to return to school.  I feel like it's my duty (to my family and to myself) to be the best I can be at what I do.  How can I expect to obtain another job with an Associates when many of the unemployed out there have their Bachelor's degrees?

The other day I had this notion that in order to better my family, that I should look into what I would need to do to purchase a home.  I figured that now is most definitely the time to look.  I would be doing myself an injustice if I didn't at least look into the process.  I don't care if the house is the same size as our dinky apartment, I would take solace in the fact that it would be ours.  We own it, we can do whatever we want to it.  It seems as though I could purchase a foreclosure that is on the market for $70,000 for about $600-$700 a month with the mortgage payment, insurance, and property taxes.  So for an extra $100 a month, I build equity and Jenn, Connor and I have a house that we can call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment